Joe

I used to have parts thread rolled or knurled to what ever size needed .
If
the thread rolling company has the dies in stock the prices are not to

dear.
They can grind and roll any size needed if they have correct dies. I used
two places in Los Angeles area that I can still think of.
One was Ace Grinding and another was Downey Grinding. One part was 1.25
dia.316 SS that I had knurled many times.and the knurl always came out
better
then off of my CNC lathe. And the threads also are stronger then cut
threads.

I'm looking for some special threaded rod so I'll try to track them down
when I get back to the shop Monday.

Thanks for the tip!
--

Regards,