Don Phillipson

"Liam2198" wrote in message

Hi, my wife and I bought an old stove and we need to get it inspected

and
brought up to code before we can use it. Who does these inspections? We

live
in Massachusetts. Thanks in advance!

Ask the local fire brigade; you may also need a
building permit to instal the stove. In other jurisdictions
e.g. Ontario there is a Wood Energy Technology Transfer
group supposed to help such problems.

Do not ask your insurance agent until you have found out
for yourself about safe installation and building codes. Some
insurance companies are so jumpy about wood stoves these
days that they may pressure you to meet code standards
for new stoves in a new house.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs