Dave

How does quality compare between the GI and General? With the huge price
differential I am surprised that the parent factory can survive.... I guess
there is a luxury escalation of price at the high end.

Retail price for the 690 here in Canada (at House of Tools) is higher
than street prices quoted. Who offers competitive pricing north of the
border?

Dave

"russellfletcher" wrote in message
oups.com...
The General 690 was the first one I looked at and have heard nothing
but great things about General tools (Canadian). In fact, if I hadn't
gotten such a good deal on the Delta Unisaw I just bought, I would have
gone with the General 350 or 650 table saw. but the one thing that
worries me is that this is a 15" model. I want to get a saw with some
real beefiness and stability in it, not a 14" with a riser block. I
know the 14/block combo would technically work for resawing large
panels, but why not get the best tool for the job, not the one that
"just works".

Russell