Larry Jaques

On 17 Dec 2004 17:41:10 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
calmly ranted:

mac davis responds:

Amongst the 70% of Walmart stock that is made in China, to the tune of $18
billion dollars annually?

Charlie Self
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir

Winston
Churchill

70% sounds kind of low, Charlie....
I doubt if they go more than 15% domestic, as they're experts in
marketing what will sell well.. and most domestic products are not
"affordable" compared to imports..
(yep, we've priced ourselves out of the market)

I can't recall which program I heard that 70% on, but I'd guess it's fairly
accurate--the networks ain't really in love with Walmart.

"They're biased against them so it's accurate?" Oy vay! :-/

From sources I just saw by googling "walmart imports", Wally World
imports about $15B per year from China and does over $256B a year in
sales. Figuring a triple markup, that's 45 vs. 256, or 6%. Where does
that put your 70% figure (despite my wholesale vs. retail figures)?
They hire 1.2 million Americans at an average of $9.98/hr for
full-time associates.

Also, Walmart is the first company with their foot in the door and
stores in China. They're now exporting some of America's goods to
China, a Good Thing(tm).

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ets/stats.html

-- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --
http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases