Tekkie

posted for all of us....

Thanks for all the great advice. The unit has not tripped again for the
last 48 hours after I pushed the red reset button. However, I did
notice that the water is hotter than what it used to be. I adjusted
both thermostats to the lowest level (120 degrees F - the factory
settings) but the water is still much hotter than before. So I have
made a decision to replace both thermostats on my own.

The water heater is a Bradford White Hydrojet Model No. MI65R6DS13, 65
gallon tank, double element. However, I've searched around the internet
and virtually all of the aftermarket thermostats around are generic, so
how do I know which thermostat will work with my heater? Are all upper
and lower 240 volt generic thermostats for double element electric
heaters interchangeable? The brands I found are American Water (Lowe's)
and Apcom (Home Depot) but there is no cross reference chart around
that tells me which part fits which model.

I could shut the house down, take the existing thermostats off and take
then to the hardware store as samples, but I want to avoid doing this
if I can.

I would thus appreciate any assistance/advice in this regard.
Thanks and best regards.

Why not call up the manufacturer & have them sent to you?
--
Tekkie