Dave Jackson

snipOne sure thing is that it'd be darn expensive

You could go downtown to one of your "finer" liquor establishments and get
some mad dog, thunderbird or wild irish rose for very cheap --dave

"U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles" "Charles wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:21:26 -0500, Alexandre Gagné
wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to use a red wine based stain
give color to a project I have made.

I am a student in woodworking here in Quebec MTL and nobody in my class
has
ever heard of such a thing. Can you tell me if it exists or if it can be
done? Maybe a recipe if you have one?

What happened when you tried it on some scrap?

It's mostly water, so in additional to whatever else it does, it'll
probably raise the grain in a way that is or isn't attractive.

Alternativly, you might let some evaporate and then add alchohol or
mineral spirits and see what happens.

My bet would be that alchohol would work better, but, as I say, you need
to try it.

One sure thing is that it'd be darn expensive.