Charlie Self

Larry Jaques asks:

On 17 Dec 2004 10:39:57 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques responds:

Call your local Wally World. I got my last can there for $4.68 or
some similar price, no shipping. See? Walmart DOES stock U.S. brands!
(Several hundred of them, actually, but nobody bothers to notice.)

Amongst the 70% of Walmart stock that is made in China, to the tune of $18
billion dollars annually?

Please cite your info source, Charlie. I've been looking for that
kind of info on Wally World for over a year now.

I buy more food and US-made "stuff" from there than I do their
Chinese imports.

Yeah, well evidently most of the 30% American made stuff is food or similar.

I wish I could recall which news program...local or national...it could even
have been a story on AOL news. Dunno. I just remembered the figures, because
Walmart made such major brags about buying American made whenever they could
when they first moved to this area.

Seems like whenever they can is when they're in the fields looking at produce.

Charlie Self
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston
Churchill