On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:15:31 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Joe_Stein wrote:

Talking about Craftsman on this NG will get you flamed. There are a lot
of C-man haters here.

Yeah, and **** on'em too.

I make my "living" with my tools.

there are a lot of craftsman tools out there. some of them have fallen
into my hands, one way or the other. I've never bought any of them
new. I have gone in a few times and looked, but left emptyhanded.

somehow I have quite a few in the shop now. my 60's parks/craftsman
18" bandsaw is a tireless beast. I gots lotsa c'man open end wrenches
and such. I still have but basically never use my first router- a
pawnshop craftsman prolly built in the 60's. a couple of old craftsman
bench grinders that work well and get plenty of use.

then there are the ones that got ****canned. a newer craftsman router.
a pos jigsaw. a drill. some other unnamed junk.

I take or leave each tool on it's own merits. craftsman stuff mostly
gets left.