Shawn

Definately more complex than it needs to be. I believe in the K.I.S.S.
principle. The method that comes to mind involves leaving the smaller
diameter table just how it is, then your leaves form the outside ring of
the table when it's the larger diameter. I think the leaves would need
pins to lock them in place to the inner table, then some kind of bars
would pull out from the inner table to give the outer leaves additional
support.

Copyright and patent pending.

Shawn

Keith wrote:
http://home.att.net/~waterfront-wood...discussion.htm

Something like this maybe?
Keith

"sab" wrote in message
oups.com...

I saw a couple of years ago a beautiful rosewood ROUND dining table in
hong kong that had hidden leaves (3) in the middle base of the table
that allowed it to expand to this 10-12 person round dining table.

I can't remember the measurements, I'm guessing the table must have
been at least 38 inches or so and expanded into a round 60" or more.

I loved the concept but wasn't about to spend that much on a table
especially rosewood due to climate here in the states.

I've been unable to find anyone here who has such a concept and when I
ask different furniture stores they say it is impossible that small
round tables are only built to expand into oval.
Has anyone ever seen one and if so where can I look?