Cox West

American Woodworker magazine, Oct-04. Part 2 of a Bandsaw review. Part 1
covered smaller machines.

Dave

"Stephen M" wrote in message
BTDT

1 Laguna LT16 (16") - $1500 I have heard some rumours about the
Bulgarian models

Nice fence, revolutionary guides. Shipping was brutal and presales support
turned me off. They just did not want to find a way to get a saw to me
without me eating $250 in shipping costs. People can be creative if they
really want to. I just felt like a small fish nuissance small fish.

I also heard some customer service horror stories about them not being
able
to fix vibration problems on their lower end machines.

2 General International 90-270 (18") - $1600

That looks like a honey of a machine. With CI wheels, that thing will spin
down for *minutes*. Seriously. A foot break is nice to have.

There was a reviw by one of the mags about 6-8 months ago about 18" saws.
Google the group to determine which rag it was.

FWIW, their top "value" machine was a Rikon at around $900. A machine I
was
not aware of when I was doing my research. I would give that one a look
too.

Good luck, Let us know what you choose and write a review.

-Steve