Corner grocery chain store carries pint and quart jars year round.
Protect the treads at the top of the jar so shellac wont seal them.
DAMHIKT. Jeff Jewitt uses teflon tape, others use vaseline. Pour 2"
of flakes into a jar then add alcohol to a 4" level and you've got
"about" a 2# cut. Six month shelf life after mixing. Mine stores in
garage fridge. Try French Polishing with you sample mixture.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:22:39 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Approximately how much shellac flake/powder do I have to add to a jar to get
what cut? I guess a quart is 1/4 gallon, so a 1-pound cut would be 4 oz.
of flakes? Am I missing something?