John Rumm

nightjar nightjar@ wrote:
wrote in message ...

Peopler *are* listening to discussions like this which air the
vulnerabilites of IE.

Spyware Blaster includes protection for Mozilla/Firefox, so that cannot be
free from vulnerabilities either.

Moz is certainly not free from problems and indeed has some unique ones
of its own (the current flaw with tabbed browsing spoofed popups spring
to mind). However the list of known issues is far shorter, and more
importantly many of the default actions are by design inherently safer.

Something to remember with the term "spyware" is that it encompases all
the privacy invading things like tracking cookies. If you enable any
form of cookies on a browser then you are vulnerable to these. I am not
aware of any nasty spyware browser hijacks for Moz like CoolWebSearch
though.

There are plenty of third party applications, including freeware, to stop
them in IE too.

Filtergate is one I quite like - very good at removing ads of all types
from web pages without breaking too many of them. Only when I use
someone else's computer do I realise just how much clutter there is on
some of the web sites I use that I never usualy see!

--
Cheers,

John.