"nightjar" nightjar@ insert_my_surname_here.uk.com wrote:

wrote in message ...
Peopler *are* listening to discussions like this which air the
vulnerabilites of IE.

Spyware Blaster includes protection for Mozilla/Firefox, so that cannot be
free from vulnerabilities either.

I run it on Linux so that's not really relevant to me.

The BBC has been recommending FireFox for a while.

Firefox's pop-up blocking is a wonderful feature, when I used IE
recently I realised how much I was 'missing' by using FireFox most
of the time....

There are plenty of third party applications, including freeware, to stop
them in IE too.

Yes, but for 'out of the box' usability FireFox wins. As everyone has
been saying your average 'man in the street' doesn't want to have to
add things on to their basic applications to make them work well.

--
Chris Green