MrCheerful

Default Mysterious Broken Inner Double Glazed Pane

"Dean Jarratt" wrote in message
Hi

This morning...about 3:30AM I heard a strange noise (loud enough to wake

me
up)....I say strange because it was one of the sleep dreaming noises,

where
you wonder whether it was real or dreamt. I got up to investigate...and
after checking out the house, everything looked fine. However as I was
returning to bed I noticed that the small double glazed window in the

front
door was cracked quite badly (multiple cracks, almost on the point of

being
smashed). I went outside and checked for evidence of a brick or something,
to find that there was no evidence that the door had been touched at
all...the outer pane of glass was totalled unharmed, there were also no
marks on the door.

Is it possible for the sub-zero temperates to filter through an outer pane
of double glazing and smash the inner pane? Would it be possible if the
outer pane was old and/or unnoticable damaged?

I'm starting to think that we have some type of Ghost which for some

reason
has become high-rate and decided to damage the window...if this is the

case,
you'd think that this Ghost would at least have warned us first before
deciding to have a go at the window...

No, this is quite common, happened to me, again during cold weather. Window
repairers say it happens regularly. Seems weird at the time though !!

MrCheerful