George

"Denis Marier" wrote in message
My query may not be exactly as per this thread.
The biggest problem I have with wearing a face shield is fog. After a few
minutes of wearing the shield it starts to fog up. I have used dish soap
and the like but still have fog. In order to minimize the condensation

from
accumulating inside the shield I lift the bottom of the shield up a

little.
It helps but not all that well.

On most shield types I've used, the visor is vented up top, it's up to the
wearer to provide air flow from the bottom, which means keeping it at a tilt
which does not close the flow. Logger masks have glasses above, mesh below,
but they are heavier. Check and see if you might not be able to wear the
band of the visor at a bit of a tilt if yours is one where the shield blocks
flow at certain angles. Remember that you put your chin down into your
chest and huff and puff harder when concentrating, so the angle you use at
ease may not be best when working up close.

You might even think of adding extra ventilation up top if it won't weaken
the visor. I've moved my visor to other places, because I don't stand in
risky places or with risky gouge angles any more. When a piece of bark
flies, I'm nowhere near it, and my glasses stay dry even when the sap hits
the opposite wall 12 feet away.

Antistatic sprays and wipes are pretty effective at beading moisture, too.