Denis Marier

Sorry Mac, I got side tracked. I am getting a little old and I just got my
B12 shot.
I saw the new "UVEX Bionic Shield - Clear Lens - on the internet. It looks
good but I do not know if its working and if its worth the money they are
asking. When I read Rainex anti-fog it reflected another image in my mind.
I did used dish washing soap on my shield and wiped it dry. It works a
little but only for a short time. Have a good day.

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:08:25 GMT, "Denis Marier"
wrote:

Hi Mac,

Hi Mac,

I do not know where you live. By the sound of it you may reside in a low
humidity and warm area. That may explain the absent of condensation

inside
your shield? Conversely the situation is different in North Eastern

coastal
area.

no, Dennis.. I didn't say condensation wasn't a problem. I just said
that I haven't tried the rainx no-fog on a face shield, so I didn't
know if it would work..

right now it's "winter" in Central CA.... about 42 degrees at midnight
and 96% humidity... foggy as hell but no rain...

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:20:49 GMT, "Denis Marier"
wrote:

Rainex anti-fog
I haven't tried it on a face mask, but everything else I've used it
on, including bathroom mirrors in winter, have stayed fog free..

My query may not be exactly as per this thread.
The biggest problem I have with wearing a face shield is fog. After a

few
minutes of wearing the shield it starts to fog up. I have used dish

soap
and the like but still have fog. In order to minimize the

condensation
from
accumulating inside the shield I lift the bottom of the shield up a

little.
It helps but not all that well.
Recently I have read about the new "UVEX Bionic Shield - Clear Lens -
Anti-fog/Hardcoat".
Its priced at about $45.00/$50.00. I wonder if anyone has used it

yet.

"George" george@least wrote in message
Poor analogy, really. If there is a way to avoid problems - for

example
standing out of the throw zone and cutting the wood gently so the

shavings
fall, not fly, why not take them? A better driving analogy would

be
staying in your own lane to avoid head-on collisions and not

speeding
on
snow, to avoid loss of control.

Then there are the other benefits of low-pressure cutting, like fair
curves,
no tear-out, minimal sanding and no tendonitis, just to name a few.

It's
worth striving for, no matter how you like to armor yourself.

I would, however, recommend covering cast iron tools located in the

sap
throw path.

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:26:08 -0500, "George" george@least wrote:

very true, George.. don't have accidents, and you save a lot of

bucks
on safety equipment..
no use wearing seat belts, either..

Don't stand in the throw zone, or hack the wood and throw

splinters,
and
it's all moot.