T i m

Default Off peak electricity

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:53:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:04:14 +0000, T i m wrote:

There was a small standing charge but I think the calculations
suggested that if you had even a fridge and freezer (on 24/7) the
standing charge would be covered.?

It's quite a balancing act as with the "E7" tarrif the standing charge
and peak unit cost is higher than the normal "domestic" charges. So
the amount of power you need to use in the off peak period is related
to how much you use during the peak period.

Hi Dave,

When I took up my 'cheap night rate tarrif' (I think it is/was called
E7 even then) I was told the std units would remain the same price
whilst the 'economy' units would be cheaper. I'm not sure if they have
kept the contract the same (I should look shouldn't I g).

A mate who lived in the Newmarket area had a raised std unit price but
a lower cheap rate than mine (he may not of had a standing charge
either).

All the best .. T i m