Silvan

Pre slotted fret boards are cheap enough - and they're perfectly
slotted for both fretwire and nuts. Better to spend your time on nice
inlays for the fret board.

How many crafstman points would I lose for using a canned fret board? They
really are quite cheap, seems to me. I forget what it added up to, but
pre-cut with frets installed and everything was less than $20, I think. It
would save a lot of fiddly work that sounds easy to screw up.

I don't remember if they offered options though. I'd want a full chromatic
scale. Playing Dad's dulcimer drives me nuts because of all the missing
frets.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/