Tony Hwang

Buck Turgidson wrote:
"toller" wrote in message

The unit I got last year is completely different than the one it replaced.
First thing to do is check your owners manual.
Second thing is to contact Aprilair.
Third thing is to repost here, with more information on what you have.

It is model number 560, as shown here. They have a humidistat that looks
like mine for $50. I'd guess I need to research it more to see if is
working properly.

http://www.ontimemall.com/aprilaire560parts.html

Hi,
If the 'stat is mounted on the cold air return duct, I don't think it's
measuring humidity of your living space, like your living room or
hallway. Wouldn't it be common sense? Actually RH is function of DEW
point which relates to temperature and moisture in the air. We are not
measuring absolute humidity, we're measuring RH in this case.
Tony