Slumlord

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 04:49:00 -0000,
(Bharat P.
Baliga-Savel) wrote:

folks:

i just went thro' few bids about insulating my walls. All of them were
competitive, except one: while all of them were putting cellulose the
exception was putting fibreglass and hence $250 over the cellulose.

according to him, cellulose settles over time, while fibreglass does
not. this sounds like a very basic problem with cellulose. is this true?
also, cellulose is "susceptible to moisture".. not sure what that means.

I'm guessing..... ah you see those shows with the houses invaded with
black mold, well on those shows the bad mold loved wood and paper
products. So, speculating that if the celluous gets wet you have a
potentially serious health problem.

On the plus side of cellulose, it has a higher r value per inch.

later,

tom @
www.BookmarkAdmin.com

any comments about these two?

thanx
=b
Bharat P. Baliga-Savel Cisco Systems Inc./RTG/CCMSBU/HFR

If your insulation is getting wet enough to cause a major mold problem,
you have major problem that don't relate at all to insulation.
Cellulose can get damp or wet and dry out. If it gets wet repeatedly,
it will lose its boric acid, which acts as fireproofing.

Fiberglass has so fireproofing properties.