View Single Post
  #22   Report Post  

All these suggestions very good and some quite funny. Not sure what a condo is as i live in UK. My house is brick built and semi detatched.

A few more points tho. I have a 4 yr old daughter so thrash metal at 3am would probably be pointless. On the earplug thing, great for when asleep but you know when you want to watch a nice film on the box then the movie goes quiet, all you can hear is some jazz or elvis music from next door. Not saying elvis or jazz is crap, but not my cup of tea.

On the police front tho, I called them and they said they were powerless because its on their property, however if they were causing a disturbance in the street then it would be a public disorder offence. They suggeted ringing council environmental health. they would do bugger all probably.

Would have to go the sound deadening way but I know its gonna be expensive.

If I had my way I would move but the wife loves the house and is good for local school for daughter.

AND they have two yorkshire terriers that don't bark , they yap yap. could do the poison thing but thats not humane.....is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMouse
Mark wrote:
I think our walls between us and neighbours is quite thin you can hear
loud conversations and music at all times of day and night. We have
now fallen out over music played at 11.30 at night. Any ideas on
sound proofing and how effective it would be?

Earplugs. Fifty cents.