LRod

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:17:49 -0600, (Scott Altman)
wrote:

Old steel worker ?

Nope. Stupider than that. I'm a ham radio operator. Somehow I became
the local tower climbing expert. I worked on more than 70
installations while I was living there; several more than once--some
(mine included) many times.

I won't be able to dazzle you with height, as I'm sure you've worked
hundreds of feet higher than I have, but the highest I worked was
140'.

Of course it wasn't just building them (and occasionally taking them
down); it was also rigging big antennas onto them, too. A typical ham
antenna (for HF use) has a boom between 12' and 30' long, and from 2
to 11 elements, as long as 44'. There are bigger ones but I never got
involved with them.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net