chris French

Default Stupid plastering error

In message lgate.org,
Michael McNeil writes
"Andy Minter" wrote in message

'Plaster other side only'. It looks o.k. at the moment but the
question is How worried should I be? It has to take some fairly heavy

It comes from the days when the scrim used was hemp. You put a layer of
hemp and plaster along the joints to stop them cracking. This thickness
is still allowed for on the grey side of the board.

Hmm, so why would my square edged boards that I recently used bother to
say it? Since there is no difference in thickness?

Anyway, I thought to point of taper edge board (which I presumed you
were talking about) was for those situations where you are just filling
the joints and smoothing off, not skimming.

--
Chris French, Leeds