Tony Hwang

Buck Turgidson wrote:
I have an AprilAire. It seems that when I turn the humidistat to the point
of right where it clicks on, the humidifier runs with each and every furnace
cycle. If I turn it until it just clicks off, it never runs with any
furnace cycle.

I guess I would expect that setting it right at the brink would make the
humidifier run occasionally. But my house goes from either being a desert,
to having moss and ferns growing on the walls.

Should it behave like this, or do I need to replace the humidistat? I would
be interested in hearing from other AprilAire owners.

I have the model that sits on the cold-air return side. The humidistat is
also on the cold-air return duct. Maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe
it should be on the hot side.

Hi,
Maybe the 'stat is located in wrong place? Mine is on the living room
wall next to thermostat.
Tony
Tony