effi

"Mark" wrote in message

I think our walls between us and neighbours is quite thin you can hear
loud conversations and music at all times of day and night. We have
now fallen out over music played at 11.30 at night. Any ideas on sound
proofing and how effective it would be?

--
Mark

sounds like you can't move or you would have

assuming you live in an incorporated area (eg. city, etc.), you probably
have law breaking neighbors, not just noisy neighbors

as someone mentioned, if they're breaking noise laws, you might invoke the
laws

you don't indicate if you live in an apartment, but it sounds like you might

if so, structural changes are probably out unless your landlord makes them

maybe piling up a bunch of nonflammable pillows and nonflammable sound
retardant drapes over that wall, with a little dead airspace would decrease
the noise deadening

white noise generators are okay to help mask unwanted noise but you still
have to listen to the white noise

the fighting fire with fire method opens yourself up to the same noise laws
and gives them further social license to make even more noise toawrds you