fordguy

Charlie,

Do you live in the city or the country? I built a 30 X 50 shop 2 years
ago.
I put in radiant floor heat, but not the wysbro it was electric cable.
It heats offpeak @ 2.7 cents a kilowatt. Plus my rural electric company
gave a 1500.00
rebate on top of that. I installed 2 zones because I use part of the
shop for storing my lawn equip. ect. that way I can set the temp
amywhere I want it. It costs me more to turn on the lights than to heat
the whole place!!!

Hope this helps,

Fordguy

Charlie Self wrote:
tock responds:

I am considering running natural gas out to the garage and can use

that or
I was thinking of istalling a woodburning stove. I like the

second idea
(great way to get rid of scrap).

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Rick

I'd be kinda skittish about flames where gasoline fumes were

present, unless
I had really good fire insurance . . . maybe I'm overly cautious, I

dunno .

I agree, in part. I had a fire in the basement last year. I don't

give a rat's
ass how good your fire insurance is (mine was excellent), a fire is

more than a
slight inconvenience, even when everything is made "just like it

was", which it
can't be, of course.

Charlie Self
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Sir Winston
Churchill