Brian in Vancouver, BC

The replies I have seen have all been very helpful. Thanks a great
much. I like the idea of adding the radiant floor heat but will place
on top of the concrete with a floor over that (standing on concrete
can be hard on the joints and I alreay have bad knees). This is still
in the planning stage with a build date at the earliest being late
summer 05. I do plan on heavily insulating the whole building. There
will be a wall separating the garage from the shop with the
possibility of putting a garage door in the middle in case I need
extra space for large projects (SWMBO isn't aware of that plan hehe).
The more I think about it, with dust problems and all, I am leaning
more to a regular furnace placed on the garage side with vents running
to the shop side. That way the dust won't clog up the filters as
quickly and both sides can be heated.

Thanks Again,
Rick

Rick;

If you put the furnace in the garage and vent warm air to heat the shop
and the garage, the shop air MUST be returned to the furnace. Seems that
the dust that isn't deposited on the filters WILL be deposited on the
cars and the storage items in the garage. More likely you will duct
directly back from the shop to an enclosed furnace. Perhaps you won't
provide any heat to the garage. You will still have the dust returning
from the shop to the furnace filters. (From a heating engineer in my
past life).

Brian