William W. Plummer

Joe Bobst wrote:

Or you can fight fire with fire. Get a few 12" woofers and screw them
to the studs. Play Anthrax "The Persistence of Time" every once in awhile,
being certain to have an adequate supply of ear plugs for your family to use.
That CD is far from "music" and sounds more like two trains coliding.

That's a hoot.
Used to know a wild man years ago who used to operate his chain saw (windows
open of course) when late hour revelry next door got too intense. Holding the
handle firmly against the wall transmitted the racket quite well and
claims are that the nuisance abated after the second time. HTH

The other side of the coin: A friend moved into a new apartment and
started practicing on his grand piano at 3AM. A neighbor called and
complained very politely. My fried replied, "Sir. This is Wolfgang
Steinberg the Third. Do you know how much some people _pay_ to hear me
play?" The neighbor never called again.