"Silvan" wrote in message
But that was charity really. Come back when your neighbor comes knocking

on
your door and says "Hey, you're a woodworker, right? My husband ran off
with his secretary, and I'm selling his shop for whatever I can get for

it.
Come by my place later with your change jar." Then you get there, and he
has a Unisaw, a 24" planer, a 5 HP shaper, an 8" jointer, a 36" wide belt
sander, a 20" bandsaw, two buckets of routers with a chest full of bits, a
complete collection of Bedrock, Veritas and L-N planes, and a bucket full
of gold nuggets, and she lets you have the whole shooting match for $0.73.
Come back with a gloat like that, and the Wreck will grovel at your feet
for years, and call you Sucky McSuckysuck.

Hey, that happened to me just yesterday. I was at starbucks and had just
ordered a coffee. There was sawdust on my sweater and the lady behind me
started up talking about woodworking and her lousy husband. From the running
mascara I could tell she had been crying recently. Anyway, it turns out that
she had come home from work early yesterday and found her contractor husband
in bed with one of his clients. It was the canopy bed he had made for her as
a wedding present so it really ****ed her off. I won't go into the details
of all the tools she offered, but you were right, she was asking just $0.73
for the whole thing. I started smiling and could hardly keep a straight
face. Then I checked in my pockets and found that I only had $0.45 change
after buying coffee. When I arrived at work people could tell I had been
crying. My mascara had run.

-j