Richard Clements

there is a family of farmers out in the Moody area that two years in a row
burned down there hey shed, on Christmass day, on there third year the fire
department showed up just in case

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:46:21 -0600, Scott Altman wrote:
Caution everyone.....do not move to Kansas.
We burn the prairies every Spring for brush control & to maintain the
quality of grass.

Yup.

Folks from the cities move out to the "beautiful"
spaces complain about all the burning, get a lawyer like city folk
do.......then next Spring they & their lawyers get burned out by
backfires.

Or they complain about the manure smells, yes. Worse, though, are the
people who move out, see the real locals burning off their fields, and
then decide to do it themselves. They seem to miss the little minor
points about picking a day without high winds and when everything is
bone-dry. One guy burned up his field, his neighbor's yard, and his
neighbor's shed with a classic Harley (fully tricked out and restored) in
it. Didn't do much for neighborly relations, I would imagine.

One guy, the cheif told him he was going to take his matches away, after
having a "controlled burn" get away from the third year in a row.