tripntx tripntx is offline
Junior Member

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Evacuation blower? That would be an inducer motor assembly.
Thanks for providing proper name.

Igniters click? Spark ignition may click. An igniter (glow coil) just
glows. Pilots burn.
I do not have a constantly burning pilot, maybe I'm hearing contacts within a switch causing the clicking sound.

Air handler blower? So what exactly do you have? An air handler or a
gas furnace? I havent seen an evacuation blower in an air handler.
The fan which pushes both heated & cooled air through the ducting is housed within the same horizontal case as the furnace. One end is connected to the return filter box. Other end is connected to evaporator coils and then to ducting for ceiling vents.

Tell me this and Im being serious as a heart attack.
Why on this freakin earth would you pay a technician to replace parts
(or his labor) until he guesses the right one?
We're busy at work. Leaving home at 0500 and returning home at 1930 hrs. That leaves only Saturday or Sunday to have a Tech at the house, which they charge dearly for after hour support. Unfortunetly, I can't take leave for a couple of weeks, other than Federal Holiday's. So, my wife would be there during business hours but wouldn't enter the garage with him. I wouldn't have a clue as to his troubleshooting steps.

The first summer after buying our home, the fan went out. Comp came on, then shut off because the fan wasn't working. Called Lennox dealer who installed system, told it would be 2 days wait, TX coast was 95% humidity and temp was over 96. I crawled in the attic, opened up the case, studied the wiring, bypassed the capacitor and hard wired the fan, flipped pwr on, and fan didn't work, thus eliminating capacitor as problem. Removed fan, took to dealer, paid $15 handling fee (was under warranty) and they gave me a new fan, which I then installed and haven't had a problem with it since.

Two summers ago, Comp wouldn't work, but inside fan would work in ON position. I open the side panel, decided to remove the relay contact assembly (blk plastic with numerous contacts), took it to a local electrical supply warehouse, matched it, paid approximately $6, installed it, system worked.

Last summer, Comp wouldn't work properly, removed a time delay assembly (mounted near relay contacts), took it electrical warehouse, paid approximately $20, installed it, and the system worked again. I can't remember what I set the time delay at, but it was in seconds.

Every spring I house out my comp coils, and then have the dealer visit to connect gauges and inspect/service system.

I repair fighter aircraft electrical systems for Uncle Sam. I'm scared off household electrical measurements because I only deal with 22 gauge wires carring DC. But, principals of using a multimeter to check resistance, amps, and volts are very similur.

Thanks for the advise, I'll attempt to take leave early one afternoon and schedule an appointment with a Tech.