Silvan

Swingman wrote:

Gloat inflation?

Definitely gloat inflation. $200 for a $379 jointer that's missing $50
worth of stuff to be workable... Nah, that's just not a MAJOR REALLY BIG
GLOAT. That'd be the kind of thing I would save up to use as a little
driveby maybe, where it would carry a bit more weight. Putting it out in
front IN GIGANTIC ALL CAPITAL LETTERS kinda just sets a man up for jerks
like us to rag on him about the gloatability of his purported gloat.

But I guess I'll be nice and tell him how much he sucks anyway.

You suck!

But that was charity really. Come back when your neighbor comes knocking on
your door and says "Hey, you're a woodworker, right? My husband ran off
with his secretary, and I'm selling his shop for whatever I can get for it.
Come by my place later with your change jar." Then you get there, and he
has a Unisaw, a 24" planer, a 5 HP shaper, an 8" jointer, a 36" wide belt
sander, a 20" bandsaw, two buckets of routers with a chest full of bits, a
complete collection of Bedrock, Veritas and L-N planes, and a bucket full
of gold nuggets, and she lets you have the whole shooting match for $0.73.
Come back with a gloat like that, and the Wreck will grovel at your feet
for years, and call you Sucky McSuckysuck.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/