PDQ

I have in my garage just what the Dr. ordered.

40,000 BTU Gasmac infra red heater. There is no explosion concern =
because the whole thing is a closed circuit gas plasma heater mounted =
about 9 feet above the floor. It warms up whatever is beneath it and =
can get my double car garage from the mid teens to a toasty 70 degrees =
in 10 minutes.=20

I do not know about Wis. but up here any heaters must be at least 18 =
inches off the floor to avoid fume ignition.

Any type of forced air will certainly move your dust all over the place.

If the garage is attached, you will possibly need a fire retarding door =
to the house.

Best bet for hydro is to drop a sub panel in the garage which will =
permit adding circuits as needed. Additionally, this will allow for an =
easy way to add an emergency generator for when the hydro goes out. I =
found this to be just the ticket for me.

--=20

PDQ
--
=20
"Rick" wrote in message =
m...
| My wife and I bought a house last year and are planning on building a=20
| new garage. I figure a 24' x 24' size is close to the basic 2.5 car.=20
| Fortunately I am blessed with being married to a wonderful woman that =
is=20
| OK with the idea of building a garage 2x the above size 48'x24' with =
the=20
| 2nd 24'x24' area to be my shop. I live in the cold winter state of=20
| Wisconsin and am looking for a decent garage heater that would work=20
| great. I am considering running natural gas out to the garage and can =

| use that or I was thinking of istalling a woodburning stove. I like =
the=20
| second idea (great way to get rid of scrap).
|=20
| Thanks in advance for the advice.
|=20