Halvey

I had an issue like this while living in an apartment during college.
The girl downstairs decided that the recorder was her instrument. To
save her roommates the grief, she would practice outside, right below
our windows. We would moan and groan as she practiced 'Oh When the
Saints' to no avail. Finally one day, fed up, I went out on the walkway
while she was playing and whistled along with her. She figured it out
after a few bars, and the outdoor playing stopped cold.

EL wrote:
Here's another variation on the "fight fire with fire" theme:

Many years ago a friend of mine had a problem: a nearby neighbor would practice playing her flute at all hours of the night
(and wasn't particularly good). The houses were close together in the neighborhood, and this was in the summer when everyone
had the windows open.

He got his hands on a sound-effects recording that featured about 20 minutes of people hysterically laughing. Placed
speakers in the windows, put on the recording, and cranked it up to full volume.

The late-night flute playing stopped!

Eric Law

"Mark" wrote in message ...

I think our walls between us and neighbours is quite thin you can hear
loud conversations and music at all times of day and night. We have
now fallen out over music played at 11.30 at night. Any ideas on sound
proofing and how effective it would be?

--
Mark