Chip C

Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:
On 12/15/2004 10:27 PM JJ wrote:

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:38:52 -0800, "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel

Elliott"
et wrote:

Can't get the Leviton site to work for me.

I've just installed their 5225-WSP Combination Switch and

Receptacle.
This is the older, non-Decora, style which fits a normal duplex

outlet
wall plate. This item is a Grounding type, with the third hole in

the
front. The house does not have grounding wires. In California, it

is not
required to upgrade, but you can't use three-hole outlets unless
grounding is provided. Does anyone know the Leviton product line

well
enough to know if they make a non-grounding version of this
switch/receptacle? Or, alternately, whether it is acceptable to

plug the
third hole with . . . oh, I don't know . . . chewing gum or JB Weld

or
suchlike?

Just do it the old fashioned way. Get a grounding adapter.

http://www.cooperwiringdevices.com/c...ategory_id=525

That won't do me any good: The box is non-metallic, there is no

ground
wire, and the wiring is simply Romex (or some earlier cloth-covered
variation).

The problem is NOT that I have a two-hole receptacle that I want to
convert to grounded. I am seeking a two-hole (non-grounding) version

of
the Leviton 5225 combination switch/receptacle in a non-Decora style.

--

Cooper lists such a thing as item 798B in Brown, 798V in Ivory. I'm
seeing in in their PDF catalog; go to

Chip C