George

Amazing you can still do that. They're not burning the paddies out in
NorCal like they used to. I can remember days when you couldn't shoot
approaches at Beale because of the smoke.

You burn your rice straw?

"RKP51X" wrote in message
Caution everyone.....do not move to Kansas.
We burn the prairies every Spring for brush control & to maintain the
quality of grass.

In Louisiana, we burn the leaves off the sugar cane before the cane is
harvested. Sometimes it looks like black snow when the wind is just right.

I'm
not sure what happens next. Is all this smoke in the air going to create
"nuclear winter" and we need to burn more to stay warm or "global warming"

and
we need to save the trees for the shade.
Roger Poplin dba