Joseph Meehan

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Joseph Meehan writes:

If you don't have dust mites, you are one of the 13 people world
wide that don't. They are everywhere.

I don't believe it. What's your source for that claim, duct cleaning
advertisements?

No, those duct cleaning advertisements are full of miss-information .

My information comes from my college biology courses, and allergists. I
did do some quick research for you however.

http://familydoctor.org/683.xml

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2551.htm

http://www.cellsalive.com/mite.htm

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~aair/mites.htm#Mites
Note: the above includes a direct answer to your question "There is not
a house without them, but some houses contain huge numbers and other houses
contain almost none."

I hunted with a microscope through fistfuls of dust bunnies from my
house looking for dust mites. All I found was ... dust.

Good for you, but I'll be someone with a little more skill, better tools
and determination will find them.

My advice is if you have a problem you think may be dust mites, it
is worth the trip to the doctor to find out.

Right, a psychiatrist.

Try an allergist.

Just what "problem" is uniquely caused by this creature that a
physician could possible diagnose?

Allergic reactions to their byproducts.

--
Joseph Meehan