Harold & Susan Vordos

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:47:24 -0800, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

Speaking as one that spent over a year, full time, running an EE when it

was
a new machine, I can vouch that it is likely the finest engine lathe to

have
been produced. However, the problems that accompany the machine where

the
drive system is concerned is not to be taken lightly. It has to be

very
instrumental in keeping the resale value low on all EE's. The features
that accompany an EE, coupled with the superior quality, leave it in a

class
all by itself. You are a fortunate man to own one, and even more
fortunate it you have one that is not giving you trouble with the

electrical
system, assuming that be the case. Even the new one I used to run

lost
the occasional tube.

Harold

Gut the drive and put in a VFD. A no brainer and makes a very fine
machine, finer.

Gunner

There's no way it would be finer. The genius of the engineers produced a
lathe that developed almost full torque, even down at a crawl. Their
circuitry, according to my understanding, is as good as it got, especially
considering the time involved.

When an EE is running properly, I can't imagine anything that would be
better. They are so cool that you can cut a thread to full depth right up
to a dead stop, with no thread relief. . Every try it? It has to be in
aluminum or free machining brass, it won't work in steel.

Harold