PoP

Default Removing Tiles

On 28 Feb 2004 15:17:27 -0800,
(toadoftoadhall) wrote:

BUT! How on earth do you tile so its all perfectly flat? Took me 2
hours to put 6 tiles down this afternoon. Itsflat, but god, its going
to tke all week!

I don't understand your difficulty!

The first premise is that the wall you are tiling onto must be
reasonably flat (small undulations acceptable).

Then you lay a bed of tile adhesive which you furrow with the supplied
tool - this gives about 50% surface contact area with the tile.

Next lay tile in position and wiggle it to get adhesive to squeegee
behind the tile. At this point you can easily determine whether the
tile is flush with the one(s) alongside.

I've done about 100 tiles over the last couple of days. Judging by
time spent I reckon on doing about a dozen an hour. That's bound to be
a lot slower than a pro who does tiling every day, but I feel my
progress is not unreasonable - and I am getting faster with practice.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If
you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at
http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!