Shawn

I did some tuning up last night after getting all the available
information I could find. Turns out the beds were coplanar, but the
bottom edge of the fence, which I was using as an initial judgement was
not. Once I put a better straight edge on it (my aluminum level), they
were perfect. So after adjusting the knife height and working on my
technique, all came out well.

Thanks everyone.

Shawn

Steve Knight wrote:
On 14 Dec 2004 09:21:46 -0800, "Ulfius" wrote:

I have a Delta 6" Deluxe Jointer (JT360) and continuously get tapered
results - the leading edge becomes thinner than the trailing edge
(tested with a piece of flat particle board).

this jointer had problems 15 years ago and still seems to have them. mine had a
twisted and warped fence got a replacement and it was only warped. the infeed
bed twisted too.