Denis Marier

This type of bark and rings is in the family of soft wood.
Correct if I am wrong.
The closest we have in Eastern Canada is a softwood tree named cypress at
time its called Tamarack or Hackamatack. Once a year they shed their needles
that look like those of white Pine. It was used to build wooden ships and
masts.
In California it could be called another name?

"George" george@least wrote in message
Looks like pine to me. Big genus, and with the climate in the valley, you
can grow a lot of exotics.

When I was stationed up north at Beale, there were all kinds of

subtropical
flora available at nurseries.
County extension agent my first choice of expert, next, a nurseryman.

"mac davis" wrote in message

It would help with wood ID to know where you are. Doesn't remind me of
anything delivered to my northern Michigan woodpile, though it might be

an
exotic. Lots of oddball stuff in the cities.

I'm in Central California, near Fresno..
I updated my web site this morning, maybe more (and maybe a little
better) pictures would help?

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/dusty.htm