Bubba

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:19:41 +0000, tripntx
wrote:

You're right. I don't have a clue as to the role individual components
play. I do know, when my heat is working properly:
1. evacuation blower starts for 45 seconds
2. after 45 seconds, ignitors click once or twice and burners light
3. air handler blower comes on to distribute heated air

Currently, evacuation blower and ignitors start at time, burner doesn't
light. I do not mind replaceing the most likely components, because
local technicians around here will do so as there means of
troubleshooting. I'm just trying to cut out paying someone else labor
to sub in components until it works.

Evacuation blower? That would be an inducer motor assembly
Igniters click? Spark ignition may click. An igniter (glow coil) just
glows. Pilots burn.
Air handler blower? So what exactly do you have? An air handler or a
gas furnace? I havent seen an evacuation blower in an air handler.
Like I said, you most likely wont be ablte to get Lennox parts. They
have their own tight little network. If you do, you will pay dearly
for them.
Tell me this and Im being serious as a heart attack.
Why on this freakin earth would you pay a technician to replace parts
(or his labor) until he guesses the right one?
Now if he wants to replace them all one at a time until he gets the
correct one and then charges you for that part only plus a diagnostic
fee of some type, then that would be fair. Its a stupid way of fixing
a furnace and it involves no skill at that point but HEY, its your
dollar.
All the more reason to call a company that charges "Flate Rate
Pricing". You get quoted a service call/diagnostic fee before they
even show up. Then he can diagnosis and replace parts until his hearts
content. You are only going to pay for what it takes to fix it AND you
get the quote BEFORE it gets fixed. If he quotes you a repair too high
that you cant live with, you pay the diagnostic and show him the door.
How simple can that be?
.....and again, from your description and terminology, you really
should leave your furnace alone and let someone look at it that knows
what they are doing.
Bubba