Simon Avery

Default Toilet Cistern - where's the overflow

(Huge) wrote:

Hello Huge

H| I'd have agreed with you, except the repeated attempts to
H| get undamaged woodwork, and the quality of that woodwork has
H| dampened my enthusiasm.

Yeah, dragging problems like that can seriously change your viewpoint.

The woodwork we've had, mahogany and pine bath surrounds - have been
fine. Quite well packaged and protected, but if the local outlet (who
do the final delivery since HB don't deliver direct afaik) are kack
handed then it could all go bad.

Our shower hose was held up for a month, and HB said they'd sent the
WC flush handle twice, but it never appeared. (Local stockists
replaced it with one from an over order). All the big items were
fine, though.

2nd time around and (touch wood) everything's going very
smoothly. On the home straight now!

H| I've had to stop for the moment. Other things to do...

I'm steaming ahead now, desperate to try out this shower! Currently
having a cup of tea whilst covered in tile dust and having left grouty
footprints across the hall...

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: