Joseph Meehan

Joe-46er wrote:
I've heard that household dust mites can be killed en masse by cold
temps. Now that it's winter here in NJ, if I open the windows in my
bedroom all day and let the sub-freezing cold air in for a day, will
this do the job? My wife has allergies and even regular vacuuming
doesn't solve the problem completely. Thanks.

_________________________________

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's
sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)

I don't know the exact temperatures required but I would not hold out
much hope. They are tough little bugs and after all, they will just be back
before long. The old fashion way of removing places where they may live,
lots of hot water washing and using the special spays made for the use (in
that order) is the best.

I suspect you would freeze the pipes in your home long before you even
got the bugs uncomfortable. I'll bet the eggs could outlast the next ice
age.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math