PHG

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"PHG" writes:
Apologies for yet another Dyson query. The most relevant previous

postings
appear to have been pruned from the server.

I thought I had fixed this by cleaning the pre-motor filter, but the

cut-out
has started again after 10 mins use. Certainly the area around the motor

and
base of the bin is very warm after 10 minutes use. Curiously the

brush-bar
still rotates at speed. I am not convinced the suction is as good as it

was
when new.

It sounds like there's a blockage in the airway somewhere.
Have you checked inside all the removable bits of pipework?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for your suggestions. I've just removed the removable pipework but
there
doesn't appear to be a blockage. It appears that after just a couple of
minutes,
the area where the motor housing meets the bin gets hot and hot air is being
emitted, which is why it is cutting out.
Could there be dust inside the motor housing ? Does anyone have some
disassembly instructions ?