meirman

Default SONY TV, how to preset the stations.

I have a new-to-me 20" Sony color tv from 1989. Is there a way to
preset what channels the channel-up and -down buttons should stop at?

A friend gave this to me and he couldn't find the remote control so I
bought a Sony remote with univeral control for other devices. He
couldn't find the manual either, nor could I for the KV-20TX11

If I use the channel-up button on the tv or the remote, it just adds 1
to the channel number. To go from 13 to 54, I have to press the
button 41 times, or if I can find the remote, press 5, 4, enter.

There is no Scan button that I can find on the tv, and the remote is
not the exact remote for this tv. It was made much later, I think.
(Didn't have it with me but it looked like the Sony remote that Radio
Shack sells now.)

When I press Menu on the remote, the only item that comes up is
"Picture". This corresponds to the controls on the TV. When I open
the door on the tv, there are old-fashioned knobs, pots, for color,
tint, brightness, sharpness, auto-stereo, and cable/no-cable. Only
Picture has up and down buttons!

ALSO but much less important, there are led's on the set for sleep and
timer. With the new remote, I can set it to turn off in an hour
(Sleep), great.

I am thinking Timer would allow me to have it turn on in the morning.
Is that right? But there is no button for that on the new remote.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.