Eddie Munster

There was a time I drove 1.5 hrs one way to go to a LV store. Many many
times. Sometimes I've driven two hours to go shopping. (And come up empty!)

Is it reasonable for your friend or someone he knows to get to the
store. If not, it is reasonable for your friend to wait.

Don, you had to ask these questions?

John

D. J. Dorn wrote:

I've got a friend who knows nothing of newsgroups (before I told him) so I
told him I would post his question. He is a fan of Veritas planes and wants
a Medium Shoulder Plane from Lee Valley as soon as he can get one so that he
can finish a project.

Apparantly Lee Valley is out and won't get any more until late January. He
was told to find a retail outlet that might have them. He found a store in
Toronto has three but since they are not a distributor, they would not sell
/ ship him one. They told him to call customer service who could possibly
arrange for it. When calling customer service, he was told three was not
enough stock for them to have one transfered so that it could be sold to
him. He offered an immediate sale in advance but was refused.

His question has to do with what is considered reasonable. He obviously
feels that the store would most likely not sell three of them before they
can be replinished in January and feels they should let one go. Lee Valley
says that like a good friend, they will tell you when you are unreasonable
and apparantly feels his request falls into this. As a result, he has
decided that he needs one bad enough that he is going to spend another $160
and get a Lie Neilson but would actually prefer the Veritas because he likes
them so much. He is curious as to what the thoughts of others are - I'm a
little torn myself and can see both sides but it makes for an interesting
question.

Don