Silvan

Swingman wrote:

"J T" wrote in message

I made a dulcimer. Many moons back, when I was assignned to Disney
East. But I didn't call it a mountain dulcimer. That somds like
something made up by some city folk, something like farm table, or
harvest table, rather than just a table.

They are truly known as "mountain" dulcimers, or sometimes regionally as
"Appalachian" or "lap" dulcimers.

To distinguish them from real dulcimers, also known as "hammered dulcimers,"
which are an entirely different animal:

http://www.rtpnet.org/~hdweb/

The real dulcimer is a much older instrument, and it's #1 at the top of
things I would buy if I had a few thousand bucks to spare. Too complicated
to build. Especially as a first instrument project. Maybe eventually.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/