Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"PHG" writes:
Apologies for yet another Dyson query. The most relevant previous postings
appear to have been pruned from the server.

I thought I had fixed this by cleaning the pre-motor filter, but the cut-out
has started again after 10 mins use. Certainly the area around the motor and
base of the bin is very warm after 10 minutes use. Curiously the brush-bar
still rotates at speed. I am not convinced the suction is as good as it was
when new.

It sounds like there's a blockage in the airway somewhere.
Have you checked inside all the removable bits of pipework?

--
Andrew Gabriel