Andrew Gabriel

Default Stupid plastering error

In article ,
Andy Minter writes:
I've just replaced some plasterboard on a studding wall and although
I've not done any plastering for years, thought I would have a go at
skimming it myself. All went well until I got to the top of the board
and then I saw some printing. You can probably guess what it said
'Plaster other side only'. It looks o.k. at the moment but the
question is How worried should I be? It has to take some fairly heavy
tiles when it's dried out and I wouldn't like the whole lot to come
crashing down.

It won't make any difference.

Reminds me when I had put up some plasterboard a few years ago and
had a plasterer come round to plaster it. He said, "by the way, next
time put the plasterboard on the other way round". I pointed out that
plastering onto the aluminium foil was probably quite a bit more
difficult, which he conceded ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel